Thursday, October 10, 2013

A story of a Ex-Brony and why bronies are not what they are making themselves out to be.

Sure, we have heard from the news, the media and even other websites and blogs about bronies. We have heard what they are and what they enjoy. We have even heard about they so called "World take over" plan. But, have we heard the stories of what its like on the inside? Have we heard what they really are like, from a person who used to be part of the so called "Loving and Tolerating" Community?

From what I have seen, not much has been posted by a person who was once a brony and who was treated like nothing but trash.

Yes readers and viewers, I used to be a brony. I used to be part of this so called "wonderful and understanding" community of adults that watch the show My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, and I am not proud of it one bit. During my time as part of a local brony group called the Colorado Bronies (who claim to be the biggest group of bronies in one state within the United States), I poured almost a year of my life into their meetups, their events and even their so call "Fandom". That changed though, when I was starting to realize that they are not the kind, loving and tolerant people that they make themselves out to be.

Yes, there are some good people within the community (as every community has, whether it's a Fandom or not), but the amount of people that treated me poorly, that treated me disrespectfully and down right rude...just seemed to out shadow that. I was treated poorly, not because of who I am and what makes me a good person, but because of my flaws and defects. Many of the members did not see me for the good in me, but because of the negative in me; because of the problems and challenges I faced in my life.

I know that some people will agree with me; while others will not. You can see it from my side, from their side or even both sides. That is your choice to make. You can make the judgement call here, for only you can decide what you like and what you don't. Though Bronies have a different view on what people like and don't like.

They seem to convert you to see from their point of view and not your own. They try to shove down your throat their likes and dislikes, to make you believe and understand what they do. They don't seem to take into consideration how you feel about something or even how you want to see something from your perspective.

Now, remember how I mentioned that not all the community it bad? Ya, that may be hard to believe but it's true. Out of the 900 or so members of the Colorado Bronies Forums and community only a small amount of them are good natured people. Meaning out of the 900 or so members, less then 10 of them were kind to me. That just says to me "We are group of people who disrespectful and cruel to those around us. Sure we have a few good people that are kind, but they don't really matter". To those who were kind to me and made me feel welcome thank you, but otherwise you valiant efforts where put to waste by your horrible and cruel peers.

Some of you may be notice that I keep mentioning Colorado Bronies (http://coloradobronies.org/), this because this is the group that (for the most part) treated me lower then dirt. If you are about to join this group of MLP lovers, you may want to think twice. Sure, they say their goal is to bring together all pony and MLP lovers, but deep down at the core level. They only want members to make themselves look bigger. They don't care about you as a person, they don't care about you as a human being. They only goal is to become big and powerful and outshine everyone else. On top of that, their group of so called "Lead Administrators" are corrupt to and at the core. They don't care about you, if you speak your mind or look for support, they WILL silence you. They don't want any opposition to their group. Trust me, I would know.

In the end what it really comes down to is: You are you for who you are, and bronies don't understand that core basic value. They really don't.

Feel free to share your experience about the brony Community. If you had a bad one, then this is the place to talk about it.

1 comment:

  1. I'm having the same problem with Bronies. I'm going to make anti-Brony music. I think I'd be the first to do such a thing. I used to make pony music until I realized Bronies treated me like crap and God forbid you get into an argument with with one of them. This Brony stuff has to stop. Almost all of them are self-centered twisted egomaniacal jerks. I was nice like Fluttershy genuinely but that doesn't cut it for them. You have one thing they disagree with pony related, they would ignore you online or send you a bunch of hate. If they see a defect or "signs" you're probably a clopper they start trolling. They are flaming hypocrites. I thought the community would be nice but I keep bumping into Bronies that need to drop LSD or DMT to fix their heads and souls. I think deep down inside they are sad broken people who can't handle life in a civilized manner. They probably listen to Grimdark music and read Grimdark. Those that I thought were close friends backstabbed me. I know only one Brony in RL, because Bronies are rare here and he's a little twisted but he's okay I guess. Good luck with life and hit me up if you wanna talk. ^-^ (I know my account I'm posting from is pony-related but I'm kinda lazy to make another profile with my phone.)

    ReplyDelete